Sunday, May 26, 2013

Have Fun Making a Wooden Sign for Your Garden

I live in Southern California just two miles from the beach, so I decided to give my garden a beach theme. In addition to displaying my shell collection around my flowers and succulents, I made a "beach" sign to hang on the fence. The arrow points toward the ocean, reminding me that it's near.



What you Need:
Wooden Arrow Sign (I bought mine at Michael's Craft Store)
Wooden Letters (Also, purchased at Michaels)
Acrylic Paint (whatever colors you choose)
Paint Brush
Wood Glue
Heavy Duty Staple Gun
Wire
Wire Cutter
Nail
Hammer

Directions:
Paint the arrow with the acrylic paint. Let dry. Paint the letters. Let dry. With wood glue, secure the letters to the arrow. Using the wire cutter, cut five inches of wire. Bend the wire in half to make a loop. Secure both ends of the loop to the backside of the sign, near the top, with a heavy duty staple gun. Twist the wire around the staples to make extra secure. Hammer a nail into your fence or wall and then hang your sign. All done!